Schedule online now

Friday, March 14, 2008

So the cat was like WTF...

I happened to be married into a musical family. My husband sings, the kids sings, those little buggers even like to play musical instruments. The closest I come to this is being in the children and youth choir for years, and I played the violin when I was in the fourth grade. I love to write songs, when there is ever time to do so. So I been having this music bug ever since one of my favorite movies came out on video. I loved Stranger Than Fiction with Will Ferrell. I guess I found myself relating to some of the things within the movie. For instance, I have the same counting problem. Do other accountants have this problem? I count stairs, I calculate the change before the cashiers puts my money in the cash register, I add up sales taxes, I even count the number of words in billboards and posters. Anywho... so I been feeling musical and I always loved the sound of a guitar. I recently bought this beautiful acoustic guitar. I can't play it just yet, but I am practicing a couple nights out of the week. I will soon take some lessons with a community center. The kids discovered my guitar, so now the boy wants to play... he plays the drums, so I guess adding the guitar to his many talents should be good.

3 comments:

Sogolocs said...

Playing a guitar sounds great. I have been playing the violin for a year and just love it. It took a while to become comfortable with it, but now I am becoming a natural. Best wishes and strum away. It is very relaxing. You will love it.

Jena Evans said...

That is so cool. The guitar is beautiful. I learned my basic chords on line at guitarnoise.com...

Have fun!

Blessings~

Lakia said...

I will check out the website, Youtube has also been a great help.