Schedule online now

Thursday, January 10, 2008

3 Months on Lockdown

Today marks 3 months with sisterlocks. Hooray for me!!!



What a way to start the day off too. About 6:30 in the morning, I was sitting on the train and the lady next to me complimented me on my "braids". LOL! So needless to say she got a sisterlocks 101 lesson from your truly. She was amazed at how small the locks are and wished me much blessing on the maturity of my locks. I wonder if she googled "sisterlocks" when she got to work...


Q&A Time:

So Lakia are you still using the Knotty Boy products? Any spray oil being used at this time?
I love my precious Knotty Boy Soap. Since purchasing this product I have not washed my hair as often. I wash every 2 weeks now, and in between I use witch hazel with water on my scalp for an in between cleaning. I don't use any spray oils on my hair. basically right now I only spritz with water and a little witch hazel. I don't use fancy imported water or filtered water on my locks. LOL! Plain on old city tap water in a bottle
Do you think you'd ever DIY?
Eventually one day. It would have to be worth my while though. However I am very crafty with my hands. I have scheduled retightenings for the whole year. My consultant is a very, very, productive and a busy sisterlocking lady. I want to dedicate my locks to her for the first year. It just feels so good to have someone else do my hair. There is a retightening class comming up in DC in February, but I wouldn't qualify to take it even if I wanted to. Thoughts have been running through my head about being a trainee or certified? Hmmm... could I???
Here is a special tribute to some of the ends of my locks. They all seem to have a wondering mind of their own.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to admit that I check your site often to check your progress. Our hair type and growth pattern is the same so you are like my hair teacher.:)
My consulant and I discussed a mixture of med and large locs combined. You stated that you have a mixture of S, M, L locs. The large locs are placed around your hairlines which I was told was a good move. Where are the S & M ones placed on your head? which size seems to be progressing the best? Have you tried Jamacian Mango and Lime it smells wonderful and gets great reviews. They even have vitamins girl.

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Happy 3 months!

N'Drea ~ the Storyteller said...

Congrats! Love your curly qs.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Lakia on your journey. It seems to be going very well. I like the curly ends too. I hav not received my knotty boy bar yet. Ordered it from amazon thinking I had hit upon something but it is taking forever! Keep posting girl. It looks fab.

Salt-n-Pepper Diva said...

I have a question about ACV and rinsing.
When should you do it and do you mix with water or use straight?
I've been using Black Soap to shampoo after I ran out of the SL shampoo, I have my second retightening today and we'll see what my consultant says.

Congrats on 3 months!

Amba said...

OOH Lakia. Congrats on your 3 month mark. Your sisterlocks look fabulous as always. You are taking such good care of them. Thanks for the encouragement you give on my blog. And give the Slocks training a second thought..you never know...God bless. Amba

Wendi aka "Wendosa" said...

Question about pics. How do you post the pics in a block like you did for your curly cues? I can't figure out how to do that. You also have a collage on the LHBE. When you have photos of the same style, etc. it helps to view it that way. Please share.....
Thanx

z said...

Congrats on your 3 month mark! I'm looking forward to your lock progression.

Anonymous said...

Lakia what about the anti-itch spray from Knotty Boy products, have you purchased and used them? Some Blogs suggest not spraying the hair with water daily, what do you think? Does this break this locks?

Lakia said...

I don't use any sprays on my hair. However, I do spritz my hair with water as needed. Water is our friend during the locking process.