Schedule online now

Thursday, October 11, 2007

3 day experience...


I just been freshly locked. My sisterlocks installation took 3 days which was a total of 24 hours. A number "4" pattern was used on my head. My consultant will use a reverse 4 if she finds that my hair will have a lot of slippage. My consultant said that I was the longest hair that she has locked. Whoa! I felt like I was on vacation, I work so much... I never have time for just me. So the whole time I relaxed in my consultants chair. Watched TV and slept, it was a very peaceful and calming experience.
Day 1










Day 2









Day 3









This style was obtained by cornrowing the hair back and small rods on the ends for a curl. It felt good waking up in the morning running my fingers through my hair and straight out the door.

The hubby is loving the hair, I keep catching glimpses of him looking at me and smiling. That makes me feel good, because brotherman was kinda' worry when I told him that I was going to lock my hair. I can't wait to continue this journey. Today I am feeling very confident about my new look. I know locking is a patient process, and I am curious to see how my hair reacts to the sisterlocks. Staytuned for more photos to come

12 comments:

z said...

Your locks look so good!

Maryee said...

Beautiful!!! Congratulations!!!

BlackButterfly said...

Your hair looks great and it's super long! I know you're going to love them. P.S. Your eye makeup is pretty, what kind do you use. I've just gotten into makeup in the last year or so, and I'm still trying to find my way.

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Congratulations and Welocme! Your Sisterlocks look very nice. Can't wait to see how they progress. I'm glad that your hubby is feeling your locks that is very important. Enjoy your new found freedom!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I hope you enjoy your journey!

Ama said...

Your hair is beautiful Lakia! Congratulations. Did you get any slippage at all after that first wash?

Lakia said...

Thanks lady. I am loving my hair right now and this new found journey. My first wash went great, no slippage, my scalp felt like it was burning and the cool water felt good in it. I am going to try to minimize on the styling and try to just keep my hair clean.

blaqbeauti said...

your hair is beautiful!

N'Drea ~ the Storyteller said...

Your locks look so lovely. Welcome, and congrats. Looking forward to follow your journey.

Naturalist1 said...

Congrats!!!

CarmenNC said...

My consultant did a near non-stop 25 hour marathon. I went to sleep on her a few times.

Anonymous said...

wow! how great! is the length of your locks your natural length? I think it is. I'm interested in sister locks but I have very short natural hair and would like more length to my sister locks. I absolutley love how they came out!! congratulations!