Schedule online now

Monday, October 29, 2007

What I am currently reading...


The souls of black folks, by W.E.B Du Bois. This book comes in so many different book covers. Here is a copy of the one that I am currently reading. I particularly like this one because it depicts a black family during that time in history. To me this picture is a perfect example of the "two-ness" that Du Bois writes about in his essay:



"One ever feels his two-ness,—an American, a Negro; two souls, two thoughts, two unreconciled strivings; two warring ideals in one dark body, whose dogged strength alone keeps it from being torn asunder."

I planned on finishing the book while my family was out of town this weekend, instead I got much needed rest and did some fall cleaning.

This weekend I also did what us Marylanders are well known to do...Can you guess? Pic's will be in the next post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I keep passing by this book in the bookstore, sounds like an interesting read.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Allecia said...

i've had this book for a few years now and still haven't read it. you're inspiring me to go get it off my book shelf.